TVF is honored to announce we were able to approve $19,000.00 in grants for 2019, and selected a request for “Digital Storytelling” materials presented by Ms. Svea Anderson of Agua Caliente Elementary School to be recognized with the Douglas E. Price Award for Innovation. Ms. Anderson will be able to purchase digital cameras and a collaborative video production application to teach sixth graders language arts and storytelling skills through short videos they create and edit.
Other grants approved include:
- weight training equipment for EGJH
- rocketry curriculum for 7th graders at EGJH
- STEAM Academy professional development open to all TVUSD staff
- enrichment games for the TVHS library
- third grade math curriculum support at ACES
- Vernier LabQuest equipment for TVHS science classes
- kiln for TVES art
Thank you to all the wonderful faculty and staff who worked so hard to develop a truly impressive roster of submissions, and to all the members of our TVUSD community for supporting our efforts this year which made this all possible. We welcome additional volunteer involvement from throughout the district to help us achieve even greater funding for district needs in the coming years. Our next meeting will take place in August – please contact us at email@example.com to stay in the loop!