TVF is honored to announce that we were able to award $20,000 in grants for 2018, including:
The Douglas E. Price Award for Innovation was awarded to Ms. Londa Hopkins from Emily Gray Junior High to fund audio equipment to support the Musical Theater and Technical Theater programs she has developed over the last three years. These programs have grown from a small handful of students to highly popular electives involving over 100 students producing high quality musical productions twice a year.
Other grants approved include:
- technology investment for kinder, 4th, and 5th grade at TVES
- 1st/6th grade “STEM buddies” robotics curriculum at ACES
- neuroscience research equipment for TVHS biology
- science curriculum at ACES to partner with PolarTREC field expedition
- softball gloves for EGJH physical education
- violins to introduce a 4th grade orchestra program at ACES
Thank you to all the wonderful faculty and staff who worked so hard to develop a truly impressive roster of submissions, and to all the members of our TVUSD community for supporting our efforts this year which made this all possible.
TVF welcomes additional volunteer involvement from throughout the district to help us achieve even greater funding for district needs in the coming years. Our next meeting will take place in August – please contact us at email@example.com to stay in the loop!